The School of Public Health uses a two-pronged approach for advising.
- The Graduate Advisor, Gina Sample, is available to meet with you to discuss any of the following:
- Your program of study
- Changing your concentration
- Course substitutions
- Thesis/Capstone registration and defense process
Make an appointment to meet with Gina: Schedule Now
- The School of Public Health faculty have a wealth of experience and expertise to help guide you during your time in the program. You are strongly encouraged to request a meeting with a faculty member(s) to discuss questions related to:
- Which concentration is right for your career goals
- Which electives are best suited to provide you with the necessary skills for your career goals
- Research interests and opportunities
- Networking/professional organizations
- Thesis/Capstone topics
You are not assigned a permanent faculty advisor, nor are you limited to approaching just one faculty member for mentorship. We encourage you to reach out to those whose research areas align with your interests and career goals.
How do you figure out whose research and experience is similar to your interests, though?
- Check out faculty biographies here. You can narrow by Division on the right toolbar if you know, for example, that you want to talk to someone in Epidemiology.
- Attend research-related SPH events. View the calendar here.
- Take a look at our quick reference guide: SPH Faculty & Research Areas