|Transient (Visiting) Status||July 15||December 1||May 1|
Transient (visiting) student status is for one semester only and is for students enrolled in a graduate program at another university. If you wish to enroll for a subsequent semester, you must file a reentry application with the Office of Academic Assistance & Graduate Admissions (OAA). Application deadlines are sometimes extended provided there is space available. Contact OAA at (404) 413-1452 or [email protected] for additional information.
The Office of Academic Assistance uses a self-managed application for admission to its graduate programs. This means that it is your responsibility to prepare or collect all credentials and submit them at one time to OAA.
We strongly suggest that you maintain your own records by keeping a copy of your application and other supporting materials.
The following items should be submitted to the Office of Academic Assistance & Graduate Admissions.
- Transient/Visiting Application
- $50.00 Application Fee. A check or money order (in U.S. currency) should be made payable to Georgia State University. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Transient Letter. This letter, from your home institution, must state that you are in good academic standing and that you have permission to attend Georgia State University. It should also contain a listing of the courses you plan to take.
- Residency Form. This form is required to determine if you are an in-state or out-of-state student for tuition purposes. Please attach it to your application.
The following items are needed but not included in the packet you mail to the Office of Academic Assistance.
- Certificate of Immunization. This is required for accepted applicants who have never attended Georgia State University. If admitted, you must submit this form to Georgia State University Health Services (address on form) prior to registration.