Fall: July 15
Spring: December 1
Summer: May 1
The School of Public Health accepts non-degree students based on course availability. Non-degree students are admitted for a maximum of nine credit hours.
Applicants applying for non-degree status should hold a graduate degree or have been accepted into a graduate program but are no longer actively enrolled. If you are actively enrolled in another graduate program, please apply as a transient/visiting student. Contact the Office of Academic Assistance (OAA) at (404) 413-1452 or [email protected] for approval to submit a non-degree application. Application deadlines are sometimes extended provided there is space available.
The following items should be submitted to the Office of Academic Assistance & Career Services.
- Non-degree Application
- $50.00 Application Fee. A check or money order (in U.S. currency) should be made payable to “Georgia State University”. This fee is nonrefundable.
- One official transcript from each college and/or university attended (including Georgia State University, if you attended GSU while earning a different degree). Transcripts are required from all previously attended institutions regardless of length of stay or if the grades are listed on another school’s transcript.
- Statement of Intent, where you describe your goals and why completing coursework in the School of Public Health will help you attain those goals. Please limit your statement to two typed, double-spaced pages.
- Residency Form. This form is required to determine if you are an in-state or out-of-state student for tuition purposes. Please attach it to your application.
The following items are needed but not included in the packet you mail to the Office of Academic Assistance.
- Certificate of Immunization. This is required for accepted applicants who have never attended Georgia State University. If admitted, you must submit this form to Georgia State University Health Services (address on form) prior to registration.
- Official TOEFL score (for applicants whose native language is not English). If available, please include a copy of your TOEFL score in your application packet.
- International credential evaluation (for applicants who have completed any education outside the U.S.). See the International Applicants section of the website for more details.